24 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
Anonymous 4
 Anonymous 4
Topic starter
(@Anonymous 4)
Reputable Member

Sharing information on veggie and flower gardening, how to increase production/yield, cost effectiveness and beauty.

23 Replies
Anonymous 4
 Anonymous 4
Topic starter
(@Anonymous 4)
Reputable Member

@vlastimil Not just yet. It's still too cool out at night. We need stability at 55° F which doesn't happen until May 15th. Have you ever heard of "The feast of Frozen Saints"? Of course you did. Tradition says two catholic saints were frozen to death on May 13 and 14th and its why we always have frost early on those mornings.  Look for it if you're up at 5 A.M. You're Czech so I think you know.  My mom & dad were Slovaks so I know proud tradition. Christmas Eve is meatless, buchti (boiled and fried dough balls rolled in honey and poppy seeds.  Oplatki the unleavened host  bread cards with honey. Smelts main course. Ahhhhh, I miss it all. But we added fettuccine to the fish meal since a nice Italian married in to our family, my sis' husband.

Below: Dogwood blossoms April 29.

Attachment removed
Anonymous 4
 Anonymous 4
Topic starter
(@Anonymous 4)
Reputable Member
Good Growing Tips and other things I didn't know until it was too late. For example, I first planted my asparagus too shallow and they died off from harsh winters. I also disturbed plants. Never, ever do that.

Growing Garlic with maximum yield.

Asparagras

Tomato Tricks
Saving Space. A Trellis is the new trend.

Reviving/recycling old pot growing soil

Container growing potatoes saves valuable real estate
I use recyclable cloth sacks rather than pots costing as much a 5 lbs of potatoes. Cloth or nylon store bag are effective for just about a dollar. IKEA nylon are excellent, have drainage. Always start with an inch of stones so soil never sits in water 
Attachment removed
Vlastimil
(@vlastimil)
Honorable Member

Work on our garden - more pictures

Anonymous 4
 Anonymous 4
Topic starter
(@Anonymous 4)
Reputable Member

Sorry the pic format you presented  is unfamiliar to my cell phone which can only  see gif, jpg and tiff file extensions. I'll try later on my IPad. Thanks.

I guess you can be considered accurate in saying spirituality and gardening have relativity. Wonderful to share and teach to others as well as the young ones. Human perception dictates we relate all that is good for us to the spirit . That perception is a good thing. Theres always something to learn through experience, especially with friends and family. I

Page 1 / 4
Share: